But here’s the thing. I don’t have a SINGLE game on my phone. I am almost NEVER signed into personal Facebook on my phone. I don’t have insagram or snapchat or anything else like that. My friends will tell you that I am THE WORST at texting back.Carly, MommyOnPurpose.com, Dec. 19, 2017, “How to SUCCESSFULLY run a blog as a stay at home mom”
This blog post by Mommy On Purpose is geared toward stay-at-home moms with young children who want to start a blogging business. However, she has several strong tips relevant to ANYONE wanting to start their own business. Tips like (I’m paraphrasing):
- Get it done and stop trying to be perfect.
- Stop screwing around on your phone and spend every free moment working on your business. She works on some tasks at 2 a.m. because that’s when her kids are asleep.
- Make deliberate choices with your time.
- She says no to even 10 minutes aimlessly clicking around on FB. (I spent too much time yesterday looking at happy dogs who run with their owners on FB).
- Decide what is really important to you.
This is an honest way of assessing the value of your time and your dreams. Something to think about for anyone who says, “I want to be…” This is highly relevant to young people trying to find out what they want to do. Get out there. Learn. Try. Ask questions. Read!